To create a gateway endpoint for Amazon S3 in the AWS Management Console, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and navigate to the VPC dashboard.
- In the navigation pane, choose Endpoints, and then choose Create Endpoint.
- In the Create Endpoint dialog box, choose the VPC in which you want to create the endpoint.
- Choose the Service category as
Amazon S3, and then choose the S3 service.
- Choose the VPC subnets in which you want to create the endpoint. You can choose one or more subnets.
- Choose the security group you want to associate with the endpoint. You can use an existing security group or create a new one.
- Choose the type of endpoint you want to create. For a gateway endpoint, choose
- Choose Create endpoint.
- Wait for the endpoint to be created and for its status to become available.
Once the endpoint is created and available, you can use it to access Amazon S3 resources from instances within your VPC without using the public internet. This can help improve security, performance, and reliability for your S3 access.